These verses were compiled by my mother, Claudette Litz, and (though she did not want any attention for this) she took the list to people in nursing homes as an outreach to them today. She said it was really sweet offering these people, in the three nursing homes where she visits monthly in the Knoxville, TN, area, to show love to the residents, read them the Bible and tell them about Jesus. I can’t thank God enough for a mother like mine.
1. Matt. 25: 45-46 = . . . I say unto you inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it unto Me. And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
2. Luke 16:19-30 = (The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus/Both were dead and buried, but they were alive. They had feelings, a memory, and a body.)
3. Luke = For He is not the God of the dead but of the living; for all live to Him.
4. John 1:4 = In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5. John = For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
6. John = He who believes in the Son has everlasting life, and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on Him.
7. John = Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
8. John 6:40 = And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
9. John = I say to you if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.
10. John . . . I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11. John 10:27-28 = My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
12. John 11:25-26 = Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.
13. John = He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
14. John 14:3, 6, 19 = And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be, also . . . Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. . . Because I live, you will live, also.”
15. John 17:3 = And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
16. Rom. 6:8 = Now if we died with Christ, we believe we shall also live with Him.
17. Rom. -23 = But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness; and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.
18. Rom. -25 = Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
19. 1 Cor. = For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
20. 1 Cor. 15:31-32, 35-36, 40, 42-44, 49 = . . . I die daily. If in the manner of men, I have fought with beasts in
21. 1 Cor. 15:55-57 = O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory? The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But, thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
22. 2 Cor. 5:1-6 = For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident knowing that while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
23. Phil. , 23 = For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.. For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24. 1 Th. 5:9-10 = For God did not appoint us to wrath but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
25. 2 Tim. 1:9-10 = Therefore, do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
26. 2 Tim. = For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
27. Heb. 2:9 = But we see Jesus who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
28. Heb. 2:14-15 = . . . that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
29. 1 John = We know that we have passed from death to life because we love the brethren; He who does not love his brother abides in death.
30. 1 John 5:20 = We know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him, who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
31. Luke 23:42-43 = Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in
32. Rev. 1:17-18 = . . . Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.